Monday 23 July 2012

Delicious Veges


The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare’s 2012 Food & Nutrition Report was released last week and found that 91% of adults do not eat enough vegetables and only half eat enough fruit.

I have come up with a beautiful recipe for mixed vegetables that takes next to no time to prepare.  Here it is:

Mediterranean Baked Vegetables

cover.png

Any selection of vegetables that can be baked in an oven.  Here is what I usually choose.

One of each of these:

Zucchini
Tomato
Red onion
Capsicum
Sweet potato
Carrot
Eggplant
One crown of garlic (with papers on)
Herbs of choice optional.

I chop each one into chunks, and place them into a baking dish.
Then I mix in a small jar, equal parts of balsamic vinigar and olive oil (approx 1/8 cup) and shake vigorously.  Pour over the veges and toss thoroughly.  Bake in 200 degrees C for 40-45 minutes.
I eat vegetables this way for about 3 nights a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment